NB: Deze pagina is nog niet geheel vertaald naar het Nederlands
FAQ - General questions
FAQ - Algemene vragen
To create a new poi file:
Use menu File|New or the New button on the toolbar. PoiEdit will open a new window with a map pane on the left (if it was not hidden previously) and an empty pane on the right. The right side pane is where the poi's in your new file will be listed. To a new poi to your new file use menu Edit|Insert or the Insert button just above the poi list. After you insert a poi, you can edit it's name in the text input controls above the list. For the coordinates you can use either decimal or degree notation. You can also set the coordinates by setting the map pane in "position mode" (click on the crosshair button) and then click the desired position on the map. To delete poi's from the file, use menu Edit|Delete or the Delete button above the poi list. When you are done creating the poi file, you can save it either on you computer by using File|Save or File|Save As... or to your Mobile Device by using File|Save Remote... You have a number of format in which you can save you poi files, which one you choose depends on your needs. For example, to save a poi file for usage in TomTom Navigator, you will select TomTom Binary or TomTom Itinerary as the file type, while Garmin users will use the Garmin Comma Separated or GPX eXchange Format.
To edit an existing file:
Open the file by either double clicking it (only works if it is a file type registered to open with PoiEdit), by dragging it in the PoiEdit windows or by opening it in PoiEdit itself using menu File|Open or File|Open Remote... PoiEdit tries to detect the format of the file according to its filename extension. If this doesn't work, it will ask you to select the proper file format and tries again. After you finished editing the file, you can overwrite it using menu File|Save, or you can save it to another file by using menu File|Save As.
Click the toolbar button with the little map op it to open the map pane:
Klik op de knop met het kaartje in de knoppenbalk om het kaartgedeelte te tonen:
This is not very difficult. Here's how to do it:
- Save the map as a bmp, gif, jpg or wmf in the maps folder of the install folder of PoiEdit. Experiment with the map colors to find out how the best visibility for the position markers in PoiEdit.
- Start PoiEdit or if PoiEdit is already started and choose your map from the list. If the map pane is not visible, click the "Show/hide Map" button (see I cannot see the map pane in PoiEdit).
- The first time you need to calibrate you map:
- Find out what the coordinates are of the lower left and upper right corner of the map.
- In POI Edit click "Calibrate" and enter these points.
- Now the map is calibrated. The calibration is stored along with the map in an .inf file. So if you want to distribute your map, you can include the .inf file in the distribution.
You can find more maps on the Maps Page
Note: You cannot use the maps of your navigation application directly inside PoiEdit. However, you can make screenshots of the maps that are displayed in your navigation software.